What is with the beeswax block?
Make your own Beeswax Wraps at Home!
Honeybee Bomb’s beeswax blocks are blended with the right amount of tree resin and organic jojoba oil to have a wrap that is sticky, durable and pliable.
Use the beeswax block with the cotton fabric that came with your purchase to make your very own beeswax wrap.
We are now selling our beeswax block mixture in store so you can make your own reusable food wraps at home.
Have fabric lying around? What about worn-out sheets or clothing that you do not know what to do with? Give that old fabric
new life by turning it into reusable food wraps! Our special wax mixture (beeswax blended with just the right amount of
pine resin and organic jojoba oil) takes care of the tricky part when making DIY beeswax wraps – this secret blend has been
tweaked, tried and tested to make wraps that last. The wax also comes with instructions for you to easily make your own wraps.
It is also a fun DIY kids craft that can be easily made in under an hour!
1. First, set your iron to a low to medium setting
2. Place baking paper or re-usable silicon mat on the ironing board
3. Place fabric on to baking paper/silicon mat and sprinkle wax onto fabric - less is more
4. Place another baking paper/silicon mat on top of fabric and wax
5. Iron the top of the baking paper/silicon mat to melt wax all over the fabric (be careful not to allow the wax to ooze out of the baking paper/silicon mat as this will ruin your ironing board)
6. Using a basting brush, brush the wax over the edges to make a clean corner finish
7. Carefully lift the wax wrap off the baking paper/silicon mat and hang on string or hold it up for 30 seconds.